Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to sign up for all of the tournaments I would like to play?
Yes. Please sign up as early as possible for all the individual tournaments your son or daughter would like to play in. This assists the tour in scheduling and planning for each event.
- Can I sign up after the registration deadline?
Yes. A $10.00 late fee must also be paid.
- Do you give refunds?
The FCJGT only issues refunds if the tournament is cancelled or if you are placed on a waiting list and do not get into a particular tournament. If you miss a tournament, a refund will not be available.
- Can I switch my entry fee to a different tournament?
Yes, if there is not a waiting list for an event. Please email the FCJGT and inform us that a switch is necessary.
- Should I contact the FCJGT if I need to cancel?
Yes. By informing the tournament director of your absence, it allows the tournament day to go much smoother.
- What do I need to bring to a tournament?
Each player should bring a snack and a water bottle to the tournament in addition to golf equipment. Lunch is provided for each FCJGT member after their round is complete.
- When will I know my tee time?
Tee times are posted 24 - 48 hours prior to a tournament. If the tournament is on Monday, tee times will be posted on the website by late Saturday.
- When do tee times begin?
Tournament play usually begins at 8:30 am however, some events will begin earlier or later. Please check the web site for the specific event starting time. Tee times are usually every 10 minutes so some players may start well after the official tournament start.
- How long do the rounds last?
A 9-hole round is typically 2 1/2 hours. An 18 hole round is typically 4 to 4 1/2 hours, but should not exceed 5 hours. Pace of play is monitored throughout each tournament.
- I am not getting the emails. What should I do?
Please email us and let us know that you are not receiving emails. There could be a problem with the email address on file.
- Can parents or others come out and watch the action?
Yes, we are a FAMILY-FRIENDLY junior golf league. Spectators just need to be respectful of the Tour rules and of all players on the course.
- What is FCJGT all about?
The First Citizens Junior Golf Tour offers juniors from 6 – 18 an opportunity to develop sportsmanship, character, friendships and golfing skills through participating in a well organized, operated and planned golf Tour. We encourage juniors of all ages and skill levels to join us for a fantastic experience. Here are some of the attributes that FCJGT offer:
- Competitive age groups with age-appropriate tees
- Exceptional playing opportunities (superb courses at a very low cost)
- Superbly conditioned golf courses
- Professionally organized and conducted tournaments (just like the pros!!)
- Using and learning the USGA Rules of Golf
- Participation/performance point system leading to the "Player of the Year" in each age group.
- Very nominal and reasonable fees
- OPEN TO ALL JUNIOR GOLFERS